Thursday, October 17, 2013

Don't Give Up!!!

The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my victory. He is my God, and I will praise him….Exodus 15:2

When we fail to meet the expectations of others (or, for that matter, the expectations that we have set for ourselves), we may be tempted to abandon hope. Thankfully, on those cloudy days when our strength is sapped and our faith is shaken, there exists God from whom we can draw courage and wisdom.

The words of Isaiah 40:31 teach us that, “Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint”.

So if you’re feeling defeated or discouraged, think again. And while you’re thinking, consider the following advice from Mrs. Charles E. Cowman: “Never yield to gloomy anticipation. Place your hope and confidence in God. He has no record of failure”.
Written by Sister Maritza Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment